Billy Johnston & Gennaro Mastrantonio round out 2012 — the 20th anniversary year of Black Nation — with “It’s Not My Blow” & “Sound — moody, mutli-faceted techno tracks smoldering with six-alarm dance floor fire. Billy and Gennaro work is swiftly heating heads on dance floors from San Fran to Saigon, with original releases and remixes on SLEAZE(UK), BluFIN, Apparel, DEFECTED, & Octopus, to name a few.
On smoke-and-mirrors duty for this EP, Black Nation agent provocateur “MEANSandENDS” delivers two klever interpretations, fresh off the oil-barrel blaze warming his bunker somewhere under the uncharted wilds of Bushwick, Brooklyns post-industrial-warehouse favela.
Reaching back to bring you the future, Black Nation Records was founded by artist Jay Denham in 1992 after several original releases and remixes for seminal Detroit artists Kevin Saunderson and Derrick May. Originally distributed through Mike Banks’ (Underground Resistance) Submerge imprint, Black Nation continues its journey with new digital and limited vinyl releases from global artists carrying the mantle of the Detroit/Chicago sound.
1. It’s Not My Blow (6:36)
2. Sound (7:46)
3. It’s Not My Blow (MEANSandENDS Bushwick Stop & Frisk Mix) (7:16)
4. It’s Not My Blow (MEANSandENDS Crass Corridor Mix) (5:13)
– Deepchild / Thoughtless Music – My boys from the D always get full support from me. BIG UPS!
– Patrick Bateman (Tic Tac Toe / Connect Four) – Who’s blow is it then? Fucking love the sound of BJ & GM! Quality from top to toe! Bring it on, 2013!
– Sasha Carassi (Drumcode) – It’s Not My Blow for me!
– Luigi Madonna (Drumcode) – great EP!
– Joseph Capriati (ANALYTICTRAIL,FRANKIE,CMYK,LOOSE,MINIBUS) – will support! thanks!
– Tony Rohr (Clink, Weave) – Always quality with these two. Downloaded and playing tonight!
– DJ Wehbba (Tronic) – original is hot!
– Dj Carlio Lio / Sci+Tec – original is dope… nice one!
– Axel Bartsch (Sportclub Music) – it´s not my blow is blowing it away!
– Benoît Carretier / Tsugi – solid EP
– Reka (Le Chic/Gigolo ) – Crass Corridor Mix is very cool
– Jonny Cruz / No. 19, My Favorite Robot, Toys for Boys, Vakant, Geno – original mixes for me here!
– Chris Ex / Musica Re, Up n Loud – works fine!
– Agaric / We Are – I like SOUND alot.
– Danny Tenaglia – thanks!!!
– Benoît Carretier / Tsugi – solid ep!
– M.Path.dotIQ / Multi Cult – It’s Not My Blow (Means and Ends Bushwick Stop & Frisk Mix) – very nice !M.Path.IQ / Multi Cult
– DJ Mag / DJ Mag Charts, DJ Mag Germany – dark sound
– DJ Javimar / DJ Mag Spain – very interesting ep. good mixes – Sound is a great track
– Paul Corey / Resident Advisor, Ibiza Voice, Machines Are Funky – Bouncy and funky. Not bad.
– DJ Felipe (Flex Vienna) – will test loud!
– Frank Hilpert / Freshguide (5x Regional A5 Mag) – steamy and warm!
– Will Kinsella / Ceoltronic Radio Show RTE, RTE Irleands – Very nice. Will definitely feature on Ceoltronic Radio
– DJ Nori / Posivision – Sounds coool, perfect balance!!
– Signal Deluxe (Blaq Records) – interesting and dark release thanks!
– Kevin Arnemann / Misc – great package!
– Rob Warner / ibiza voice – Bushwick Stop and Frisk mix is cool.
– Calin / Tunnel FM / Tunnel Fm – Cool package, thanks for the music
– Jay Easton / Shoreditch Radio – bushwick stop and frisk mix
– Jesus Pablo / WestRadio.gr, Tunnel Fm, Deepvibes – It’s Not My Blow – QUALITY!!!!!!!!!
– Jamie Anderson – will get loads of plays from me!
– The Advent / Labyrinth, Kombination Research – great selection of tracks.. will play..
– Luciano Sambati (Fabric London) – It’s not my blow is cool!
– Matt Walsh (Clouded Vision) – crass corridor rmx for me
– Subdivisions Radio Show – Digitally Imported Radio – Bushwick Stop & Frisk Mix) remix is very nice – thx!